This how-to guide presents today’s most complete coverage of performing, interpreting, and reporting post-mortem examinations. In addition to discussing the basics of the specialty, this lasting and useful reference features information on the performance of specialized autopsy procedures. The material is divided into two sections for ease of use: a manual covering specific autopsy procedures, biosafety, generation of autopsy reports, preparation of death certificates, and other essential subjects; and an atlas, organized by organ system, that captures the appearance of the complete spectrum of autopsy findings. The updated second edition features a new chapter on the popular topic of forensic pathology and the Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online.
- Focuses on hospital autopsy, while also providing a brief introduction to forensic autopsy.
- Examines autopsy photography and radiology, microscopic examination, supplemental laboratory studies, and other investigative approaches.
- Includes a chapter on performing special dissection procedures that are usually not covered during a typical residency.
- Presents over 590 full-color photographs depicting common gross and microscopic autopsy findings for every part of the body.
- Correlates pathologic findings with their clinical causes to enhance diagnostic accuracy.
- Covers the hot topic of forensic pathology in a new chapter introducing the subspecialty.
- Addresses the latest legal, social, and ethical issues as well as quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Features improved images in the Atlas section to give an even more useful visual reference.
- Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection through Expert Consult.