Written by Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP, author of many best-selling books for primary care practice, Ferri’s Best Test, 2nd Edition, equips you to quickly choose the most efficient and cost-effective diagnostic approach, including imaging or lab tests. Updates throughout, including more than 180 new tests…additional diagnostic modalities…and new algorithms…make this unique and user-friendly reference a must for determining which diagnostic tests to order. A portable, pocket-sized format allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.
- Offers concise, well-organized guidance to the most common lab tests and diagnostic imaging modalities, all in one single resource, that makes reference remarkably fast and easy.
- Describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications, advantages, disadvantages, and approximate costs to simplify your decision-making process.
- Examines over 384 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients, typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values), and the likeliest causes.
- Explores 231 common diseases and disorders, providing algorithms to help you select the single best test for diagnosing each condition.
- Features a portable, pocket-sized format that allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.
- Features 184 new tests in an expanded laboratory test section; 8 additional diagnostic radiological modalities, including computed tomographic colonography, video capsule endoscopy, and intravascular ultrasonography; and 30 new algorithms in an expanded algorithm section, to provide you with the latest options for obtaining optimal diagnostic outcomes.
- Includes IU units added to all laboratory tests, to make the guidance more useful to clinicians practicing outside of the US.