Drugs for Pregnant and Lactating Women, 2nd Edition, by Carl P. Weiner, MD, MBA, FACOG, and Catalin Buhimschi, MD, is a must-have reference that details how virtually all of today’s drugs and herbal supplements interact with pregnancy and lactation. Updated thoroughly and covering nearly 2,000 substances, the new edition explains whether each drug is FDA-approved for use by expecting or nursing mothers…is known to be safe for use…or is known to pose a danger. An alphabetical organization by both trade and generic name…a special index listing drugs by category…and an easy-to-read page format make reference more efficient. As an Expert Consult title, it now includes fully searchable convenient online access to the complete contents of the book at www.expertconsult.com.
- Describes each substance’s mechanism of action, side effects, drug-drug interactions, dosage, cost of therapy, and degree of safety during pregnancy or lactation, providing the thorough details you need to choose the most effective course of treatment.
- Indicates not only whether the FDA has approved a drug based on clinical trials, but also whether the drug is generally considered to be safe in the absence of FDA approval.
- Includes over-the-counter drugs and alternative medications as well as prescription drugs, to give you a broad background of available drugs.
- Features an alphabetical organization by both trade and generic name…a special index listing drugs by category…and an easy-to-read page format that make reference more efficient.
- Uses an eye-catching icon to highlight known teratogens.
- Examines new drugs that have been introduced to the market since the publication of the previous edition, and presents revised or new information for all current listings, to keep you current.
- Offers access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com for convenient reference from any practice location.
- Provides drug interaction information to make you aware of the possible implications of using more than one drug in combination.
- Includes international drug names to give this reference an international perspective.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.