In comparison to large, overly detailed specialty texts, this practical new book is designed to give you the basic clinical steps of the most frequently performed orthopedic procedures — all in a clear, reproducible, easy-to-follow format. For quick review before an operation, a handy refresher, teaching tool, or learning aid, it is ideal!
Accompanied by hundreds of precise, hand-drawn diagrams, Key Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery presents 50 surgical procedures, each laid out in a step-by-step format. This structure is designed to allow the reader to quickly read about an operative procedure and review the salient points, with special emphasis on the technique. Every chapter includes indications, contraindications, pre-operative preparation, special instruments, positions, anesthesia, pearls, avoidance and post-operative care issues.
Special benefits of Key Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery:
- Designed to give the pertinent information on key surgical procedures in a cookbook outline approach.
- Covers the 50 most common surgical procedures performed in today’s clinical practice
- Vital steps are demonstrated by hundreds of precise, hand-drawn illustrations
- Clear, organized, and easy-to-read format
- Ideal as a handy reference, refresher, or learning tool for the resident or the specialist
Benefit from the experience of active clinicians who perform these procedures on a daily basis. Whether you are a practitioner or a resident, you will find a wealth of helpful information that allows you to visualize the necessary surgical exposures and achieve excellent results.
A focused, well-illustrated manual of over 50 common procedures…well-defined format that focuses on surgical technique…this book should be on the reading list of every orthopaedic resident –Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain