Since 1927, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine has been the world’s most influential internal medicine reference. Edited by Lee Goldman, MD and Andrew I. Schafer, MD, with associate editors and contributors who number among the most recognized and respected authorities in the field, Cecil continues to set the standard for all other resources of its kind. This dynamic, multi-media reference – with its practical, straight-forward style, accessible organization, evidence-ranked references, and robust online content – is quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need. Definitive, unbiased, evidence-based guidance is at your fingertips in print and online at www.expertconsult.com, with regular updates by Dr. Goldman to ensure that the content is as current as the day the book was published! More successfully than other resources, it lets you optimally understand, diagnose, and treat any medical disorder you encounter in practice. Its focused coverage nimbly integrates the latest developments in biology with current evidence-based diagnosis and therapy – including medication doses. A dynamic, masterfully organized format delivers fast access to the actionable information you need.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Stay current with the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include a brand-new chapter on “Applications of Molecular Technologies to Clinical Medicine,” a completely revamped section on infectious diseases, and coverage of the very latest cardiovascular techniques and treatments.
- Be certain with expert, dependable, accurate answers from Dr. Goldman and an editorial team that is a veritable “who’s who” of modern medicine – including Jeffrey Drazen, MD, Editor-in-Chief of the New England Journal of Medicine and new associate editor Wendy Levinson, MD, 2009-2010 Chair of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Internal Medicine. Almost all contributors currently hold positions as Chairs of Internal Medicine departments around the U.S. and Canada and all are at the forefront of their respective subspecialty areas.
- Reference information more quickly thanks to a new, streamlined print format and easily searchable online access to supplemental figures, tables, algorithms, additional references, and expanded discussions as well as procedural videos, Seldom Asked Questions, and case studies.
- Stay on the cutting edge with updates personally selected by Dr. Lee Goldman and regularly integrated directly into each chapter online.
- Simplify and expedite decision making with practical, well-organized, templated chapters that include evidence-ranked references and algorithms to make clinically essential information leap right off the page.
- Access the fully searchable text anywhere, anytime at www.expertconsult.com.
Publication date: July 22, 2011
- Lee Goldman, MD, Executive Vice President for Health and Biomedical Sciences and Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and of Medicine, Harold and Margaret Hatch Professor of the University, Professor of Medicine and of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY and
- Andrew I. Schafer, MD, The E. Hugh Luckey Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Chairman, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College; Physician-in-Chief, New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York