- Paul N. Lanken, MD, Professor of Medicine, Chief, Critical Care Section, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; Medical Director (1987-1999), Medical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Scott Manaker, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Medcine and Pharmacology, Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Director of Clinical Documentation, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Benjamin A. Kohl, MD, FCCM, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Chief, Division of Critical Care, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- C. William Hanson, III, MD, Associate Professor of Anesthesia, Surgery, and Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Section Chief, Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesia, Medical Director of Clinical Documentation, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Intensive Care Unit Manual is a practical, hands-on, how-to manual that covers the full spectrum of conditions encountered in the ICU, guiding you step-by-step from your initial approach to the patient through diagnosis and treatment. Compact, affordable, and comprehensive, the ICU Manual puts all the critical care information you need right at your fingertips!
New to This Edition
- Grasp the latest developments in critical care with extensive updates and revisions to several key chapters, as well as brand-new chapters on Alcohol Withdrawal Syndromes; Acute Heart Failure Syndromes; Noninvasive Ventilation; and more ICU conditions.
- Understand and apply the most important ICU practices, including management of acute respiratory failure, mechanical ventilation, invasive hemodynamic monitoring, and the care of patients with special needs, AIDS, end-stage renal disease, or end-stage liver disease.
- Get convenient access to the full text and image library online at Expert Consult, in addition to online-only text, figures, and tables from the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndromes and Acute Heart Failure Syndromes chapters.
- Stay at the forefront of critical care with a practice-oriented, relevant, and well-illustrated account of the pathophysiology of critical disease, presented in a highly readable format.
- Gain valuable insight into the recognition, evaluation, and management of critical conditions such as respiratory, hemodynamic, and infectious diseases; management of ICU patients with special clinical conditions; cardiovascular, hematologic, and neurological disorders; poisoning and overdoses; trauma and burns; and much more!