by Lindsay Murray, George Jelinek (Editor), Anne-Maree Kelly (Editor), Lindsay Murray (Editor), Anthony F. T. Brown (Editor)
A major postgraduate textbook in emergency medicine, covering all the major topics that present to the trainee doctor in the emergency department.
• A comprehensive textbook of adult emergency medicine for trainee doctors – covers all the problems likely to present to a trainee in the emergency department.
• Chapters are short and concise, with key point boxes (called “Essentials”) at the beginning.
• Also has boxes featuring controversial areas of treatment.
• Practical and clinically orientated.
• Major changes to resuscitation guidelines.
• Complete rewriting of ENT section.
• Significant updating of following topics – acute coronary syndrome management, trauma, sepsis management, imaging, arrhythmias.
• Expansion of administration section – especially patient safety.
• Changes to drug overdose sections in toxicology section.