by Kiwon Lee
The first practical, protocol-based guide to the emerging field of neurocritical care
The goal of neurological critical care is to rapidly deliver acute medical therapies and appropriate interventions through effective monitoring of both neurological and end organ function. The NeuroICU Book puts that goal within the reach of every neurologist and critical care specialist.
Combining the latest clinical perspectives in critical care medicine, neurology, and neurosurgery, this comprehensive, evidence-based text standardizes neurocritical care and takes you through the rationale for those standards. Filled with detailed case studies and featuring a question-and-answer format, the book not only builds competency in recognizing acute changes in neurological function, but also addresses all organ insufficiencies and failures, reflecting the real-life challenges in the modern neuro-ICU.
- Robust, wide-ranging scope goes beyond classic neurology to encompass other organ failures at the time of presentation or during the ICU stay
- Evidence-based approach leverages the scientific and controlled research that supports the key treatment methods outlined in the book
- Balanced coverage of neuro care and critical care offers outstanding preparation for the neurocritical care board certification exam as well as an indispensible primer for daily clinical work in critical care medicine
- Cutting-edge insights into the care used in some of the more advanced neuroICUs provides a crucial blueprint for understanding the newer procedures and protocols
- Practical tools including algorithms, tables, illustration, photographs, detailed references, and critical take-home points