by Alan J. Magill
Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Disease is your comprehensive, go-to resource on the health conditions that arise in the tropics! From infectious diseases through environmental issues, poisoning and toxicology, animal injuries, and nutritional and micronutrient deficiencies, this medical reference book provides you with all the guidance you need to diagnose and manage even the most exotic health concerns. Stay at the forefront of this ever-changing field with Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Disease!
• Understand the common characteristics and methods of transmission for each disease, and learn all the applicable diagnosis, treatment, control, and prevention techniques.
• Get the information you need in the most organized way with infectious agents arranged by syndromes, as they typically present.
• Stay abreast of the latest maladies seen in returning travelers through useful chapters on delusional parasitosis, international adoptions, transplant patients, medical tourism, and more.
• Access the most up-to-date information on emerging and re-emerging diseases (such as H1N1), and see how progression occurs through all-new illustrative life cycles.
• Hone your techniques with a new skills-based section which includes dentistry, neonatal pediatrics and ICMI, and surgery in the tropics, and a service-based section covering transfusion in resource-poor settings, microbiology, and imaging.
• Learn everything you need to know about infrequently encountered tropical drugs and their practical application in the clinical setting.
• Seamlessly search the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com.