by Michelle M. Lusardi
The most comprehensive physical therapy text available on the topic, Orthotics & Prosthetics in Rehabilitation, 3rd Edition is your one-stop resource for clinically relevant rehabilitation information. Evidence-based coverage offers essential guidelines on orthotic/prosthetic prescription, pre- and post-intervention gait assessment and outcome measurement, and working with special populations.
• Comprehensive coverage addresses rehabilitation in a variety of environments, including acute care, long-term care and home health care, and outpatient settings.
• Authoritative information from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition is incorporated throughout.
• World Health Organization (WHO) International Classification of Function model provides consistent language and an international standard to describe and measure health and disability from a biopsychosocial perspective.
• Case studies present real-life scenarios that demonstrate how key concepts apply to clinical decision making and evidence-based practice.
• A visually appealing 2-color design and a wealth of tables and boxes highlight vital information for quick reference and ease of use.
• Updated photos and illustrations reflect current clinical practice.
• Updated chapter on Assessment of Gait focuses on clinically useful outcome measures.
• Updated chapter on Motor Control and Motor Learning incorporates new insights into neuroplasticity and functional recovery.
• NEW! Integrated chapter on Lower Extremity Orthoses assists in clinical decision making about the best options for your patients.
• NEW! Chapter on Athletics after Amputation explores advanced training and athletics, including running and athletic competition to enhance the quality of life for persons with amputation.
• NEW! Chapter on the High Risk Foot and Would Healing helps you recognize, treat, and manage wounds for the proper fit and management of the patient.
• NEW! Chapter on Advanced Prosthetic Rehabilitation provides more thorough rehabilitation methods beyond the early care of persons learning to use their prostheses.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.