by Catherine M. Otto
Internationally renowned cardiologists Drs. Catherine M. Otto and Robert O. Bonow help you to apply all of the latest scientific knowledge and clinical strategies with Valvular Heart Disease, a companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease. This indispensable resource for your everyday practice provides all of the knowledge you need to give your patients the most accurate diagnoses, the best possible heart disease treatment options, and the expert care they deserve.
- Apply today’s best medical and surgical approaches with comprehensive, expert guidance on today’s full range of clinical heart disease treatments.
- Provide appropriate care to pediatric and pregnant patients with focused chapters on the unique needs of these special populations.
- Update your knowledge of these increasingly common heart diseases with brand-new chapters covering 3-dimensional anatomy of the aortic and mitral valves; clinical and genetic risk factors for calcific valve disease; risk assessment for aortic and mitral valve surgery; image-guided transcatheter valve procedures; optimal timing of valve interventions; state-of-the-art valve surgery; and much more.
- Apply the most current standards of practice with summaries of the ACC/AHA and new ESC valvular heart disease guidelines in each chapter.
- Vividly visualize heart valve anatomy and dysfunction, as well as important techniques and procedures, thanks to a multitude of detailed illustrations, full-color images, and online video content.
- Search the full text and access all the images online at Expert Consult.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.