by Anthony FT Brown, Timothy Nicholson, Donald RJ Singer
Drug prescribing errors are a common cause of hospital admission, and adverse reactions can have devastating effects, some even fatal. Pocket Prescriber Emergency Medicine is a concise, up-to-date prescribing guide containing all the “must have” information on a vast range of drugs that staff from junior doctors to emergency nurses, nurse prescribers, paramedics and other pre-hospital providers may encounter in the emergency setting.
• A–Z list of over 500 of the most commonly prescribed drugs with each entry containing the key prescribing information
• Safety issues, warnings, drug errors and adverse effects
• Practical guidance on drug selection, plus protocols and resuscitation guidelines
• Advice and reference information for complicated prescriptions
• Concise management summaries for common medical and surgical emergencies
• Essential advice for pain relief—from acute pain management to procedural sedation
• Clinically useful reminders of key facts from basic pharmacology to acute poisoning syndromes
Pocket Prescriber Emergency Medicine supplies all your information needs concerning commonly prescribed drugs at a glance, enabling on-the-spot decision-making to provide the highest standard of care whilst mitigating prescribing errors.