by Anupam Sinha, Gautam Kothari
This practical pocket handbook will serve as a quick reference guide for new practitioners or trainees in the field of spinal intervention. Following an overview of spinal anatomy and imaging, the book provides a working introduction to procedural spine care with concise descriptions of image-guided spinal injections by region, along with illustrations that identify optimal needle placement and contrast flow patterns for commonly given spinal injections.
The authors focus on the basics— C-arm positioning, needle selection, injectables, complications and side effects, and describe detailed protocols and procedures for treating common spine pathologies. Each chapter concludes with a curated list of references for additional information, and the appendix includes sample dictation templates to help with documentation. The book is consistently organized for ease of use and provides quick access to each procedure. Bullet points and key clinical pearls accompanying each type of injection further enhance its value as an on-the-go reference and clinical roadmap for beginning interventionalists.
Key Features of Pocket Handbook of Spinal Injections:
- Describes requisite techniques in image-guided spinal injections in a concise, easily accessible format
- Organized consistently and pocket-sized for convenient, quick reference
- Features bullet points and key clinical pearls for each procedure
- Includes images of ideal needle placement and contrast flow patterns for each injection
- Highlights sample procedure dictation templates for quick reference