by Rawa Jaro Araim, Maryam Rafael Aghalar, Lyn D. Weiss
Neuromuscular Quick Pocket Reference provides easy and efficient access to common physical examination techniques and other neurological tests performed in a broad range of specialties. Mainly composed of tables, charts, and photographs, this handy reference puts together and organizes the information that clinicians use on a daily basis. The first part of the book covers musculoskeletal physical exam by region. Each entry is formatted and includes test name(s), purpose, techniques, clinical findings for positive test, sensitivity, specificity, and sources. Photographs showing proper placement and action accompany most entries and provide a visual blueprint for successfully replicating tests in the exam room. The second part of the book is devoted to common neurological tests and scales for on the- go reference, including muscles, motor points, dermatomes and myotomes, spasticity findings, radiculopathies, traumatic brain injury assessment, stroke scales, pressure ulcers, and much more.
Features of Neuromuscular Quick Pocket Reference Include:
- Pocket-sized for portability and ease of use
- Covers common neuromuscular assessment tests performed on a daily basis
- Technical photographs enhance understanding and help hone point-of-care exam skills
- Sensitivity and specificity of each test is displayed
- Presents frequently-used neurological tables and scales for quick look-up of essential patient care information