by Marlis Gonzalez-Fernandez, Jarrod David Friedman
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pocket Companion is designed to meet the day-to-day needs of PM&R residents, practicing physiatrists, and physicians in other specialties seeing rehabilitation patients. Focused solely on clinical care delivery, this handy reference provides the tools necessary to navigate everything from PM&R team coordination to the tailoring of medical management to achieve functional goals. Divided into four sections, the book covers all rehabilitation topics and is packed with practical information useful in daily practice, including disease-specific order sets and tips for managing the wide range of issues that commonly occur during a patient’s rehabilitation. The first section introduces the field of rehabilitation medicine, the second reviews the scope of practice of allied health professionals on the rehabilitation team, the third section discusses rehabilitation topics and practice areas, and the fourth is an extensive Appendix of 24 assessment and rating scales, tables, and algorithms, essential for daily clinical use.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pocket Companion is an indispensible resource that belongs in every white coat pocket.
Features of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pocket Companion Include:
- Conciseness and Clinical Orientation: Presents only the key information needed for optimal case management
- Comprehensive coverage: All major topics in the field of PM&R are represented
- Consistent approach: Brief text and bulleted format makes information easy to find
- Order sets provided for most areas to drive clinical care
- Medication specifics: Covers medications with specific dosages
- Appendix collects key scales, tables, and algorithms for immediate access