G. Alexander Patterson MD (Author), F. G. Pearson MD (Author), Joel D. Cooper MD (Author), Jean Deslauriers MD FRCPS(C) (Author), Thomas W. Rice MD
MD (Author), James D. Luketich MD (Author), Antoon E. M. R. Lerut MD PhD (Author)
- Addresses all surgical diseases of the chest wall, chest cavity, upper airway, lungs, pleura, and diaphragm in adults and children, giving you the comprehensive coverage you need for the patients you see.
- Presents clinical commentary at the end of each chapter that offers you a variety of viewpoints regarding the pros, cons, and complications associated with the techniques used to treat a patient.
- Comes to you as one complete resource featuring current, comprehensive coverage on all aspects of thoracic and esophageal surgery.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, fully searchable, enabling you to consult both volumes rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Presents the newest surgical management techniques, including endoscopy and re-operative and reconstruction procedures for diseases involving the lungs, pleura, chest wall, mediastinum, esophagus, and diaphragm.
- Includes 69 brand-new chapters that keep you on the cusp of the latest techniques and procedures.
- Offers the expertise of 92 new authors who offer you their proven approaches to the latest techniques.
- Discusses the hottest topics in the field such as interventional bronchoscopy for the management of airway obstruction, bronchoplastic techniques, laparoscopic gastroplasty, minimally invasive esophagectomy, and many more.
- Presents a reorganized layout, with relevant anatomy and imaging at the start of each section, providing you with all the knowledge and background you need for each anatomic region covered.
- Features an all-new full-color design and illustrations-including 300 new images-that illuminate every concept and highlight important anatomical details.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access be discontinued.