by John D. Hsu, John Michael, John Fisk
Here’s all the guidance you need to overcome the most difficult musculoskeletal problems using orthoses and assistive devices! With new coverage of postpolio syndrome, cranial orthoses, and now incorporating the perspectives of renowned physiatrists, this is a one-stop rehabilitation resource. Tips and Pearls in every chapter and a new 2-color format make accessing information a snap.
• Includes Chapters on biomechanics of spine, upper limb and hand and lower limb to help you understand the factors that determine the orthoses available for these joints.
• Incorporates chapters on the Orthotic Prescription, Strength and Materials, and the Normal and Pathologic Gait help you understand your role in the rehabilitative process.
• Contains information about the specific science behind the construction of orthoses—perfect for the Certified Prosthetist/Orthotist and the interested physician.
• Carries the authority and approval of AAOS, the preeminent orthopaedic professional society.
• Uses a new 2-color format to make the book easier to use and information easier to retain.
• Includes Tips and Pearls boxes in every chapter so you can quickly access expert guidance.
• Contains new chapters on: Orthoses for Persons with Postpolio Paralysis; Orthoses for Persons with Postpolio Syndromes; and Cranial Orthoses.
• Incorporates evidence-based recommendations into the chapters on spinal, upper- and lower-limb orthoses to help you select the most proven approach for your patients.