by Christian Coetzee, Shepard R. Hurwitz
The Foot and Ankle is a volume in Arthritis and Arthroplasty—the first comprehensive series dealing with arthritis and arthroplasty in orthopaedic surgery. J. Chris Coetzee and Shepard R. Hurwitz present guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approach and techniques. Clear, evidence-based coverage details which technology and methodology used for total ankle replacement (TAA) or foot and ankle reconstruction is best for each patient. Access discussions of debates, including the challenging primary TAA; revision TAA; treatment strategies for subtalar arthritis; acquired flatfoot; great toe (MTPJ) arthritis; and more. Explore alternatives to TAA in younger arthritic patients (e.g. anthroscopy, osteotomies, allograft resurfacing, distraction arthroplasty, interpostional grafts, arthrodesis) and view expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates—online at www.expertconsult.com.
• Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, bearing options and component materials, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, salvage and revision TAA strategies, and more.
• Discusses variations in technique, including component removal, impaction grafting, conversion to fusion-options, arthrodesis with realignment, and more so you can choose which is most effective for each patient.
• Explores alternatives to TAA in younger arthritic patients such as arthroscopy, osteotomies, allograft resurfacing, distraction arthroplasty, interpostional grafts and arthrodesis.
• Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
• Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
• Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.