by James Tait Goodrich (Editor)
Featuring the clinical expertise of leading authorities in the field, this book is a lavishly illustrated surgical atlas of the latest neurosurgical approaches to frequently encountered problems in the pediatric patient. Each chapter in the book opens with a brief overview of the problem and then goes on to provide concise discussions of preoperative preparation, operative procedure, and postoperative management. The authors address the possible complications involved in each procedure and provide recommendations for how to avoid and manage them.
- 380 full-color illustrations and photographs demonstrate key concepts with precision and clarity
- Step-by-step descriptions offer practical guidance for skin incision, operative exposure, patient positioning, surgical approaches, and various closing techniques
- Consistent organization throughout the chapters facilitates rapid reference to topics of interest
This atlas is an invaluable visual reference that is ideal for neurosurgeons, pediatric neurosurgeons, as well as residents preparing for board examinations.
Series Description:The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Thieme have collaborated to produce the second edition of the acclaimed Neurosurgical Operative Atlas series. Edited by leading experts in the field, the series covers the entire spectrum of neurosurgery in five volumes. In addition to Pediatric Neurosurgery, the series also features:
- Spine and Peripheral Nerves, edited by Christopher Wolfla and Daniel K. Resnick
- Neuro-Oncology, edited by Behnam Badie
- Vascular Neurosurgery, edited by R. Loch Macdonald
- Functional Neurosurgery, edited by Philip Starr, Nicholas M. Barbaro, and Paul Larson