by Tuncay Ulug
Beautifully illustrated and comprehensive, this must-have atlas guides readers through the delicate, high-risk surgical approaches they need to successfully manage pathology of the temporal bone, the most complex anatomic area in the human body.Each consistently organized chapter addresses a different technique, beginning with a clear definition of the approach followed by a discussion of indications and key information on anatomic orientation, surgical steps, and, in many cases, surgical anatomy. Clearly labeled, full-color illustrations accompany step-by-step descriptions of common and unique operative techniques. The author, a world-renowned otorhinolaryngologist, provides detailed explanations of important anatomic landmarks and advice on how to choose the appropriate instruments at each surgical stage.Features:
- 328 full-color photographs and diagrams orient the reader to the clinical setting
- Helpful pointers appear throughout the text — such as the precise usage of the burr — to help readers hone their surgical skills
- Definitions and tips are incorporated as footnotes in each chapter to aid quick and easy reference
- Thought-provoking section presents surgical techniques, instruments, and prostheses that were developed and designed by the author
- Extensive glossary contains the most frequently used terms in otology and neurotology
- An ideal companion for use in both the dissection laboratory and the operating room, Atlas of Temporal Bone Surgery is an indispensable one-stop reference for otologists, neurotologists, and any specialist involved in skull base surgery or otolaryngology.