by Constantine Mavroudis (Editor), Carl Backer (Editor), Richid F. Idriss (Illustrator)
The completely revised, expanded, and updated New Edition of this trusted resource comprehensively covers all aspects of the surgical management of both congenital and acquired heart disease in children. Features 50 world-renowned experts discuss the latest developments in pediatric cardiac surgery—from basic science…through classification…to postoperative care—making this the single source to consult in this dynamic and demanding specialty.
• Comprehensively covers the surgical management of both congenital and acquired heart disease in children—including classification, evaluation, and postoperative care.
• Reviews embryology · physical findings · diagnostic criteria · and therapeutic choices associated with each disease entity in every chapter.
• Features the contributions of over 65 world-renowned experts.
• Explores the full range of cutting-edge advances in new chapters on Minimally Invasive Congenital Heart Surgery · Pediatric Mechanical Circulatory Support · Interventional Cardiology · Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography · Nomenclature and Classification Issues for Congenital Heart Surgery · and Surgical Ablation of Arrhythmias.
• Features updated and expanded chapters on Embryology of the Heart and Great Vessels · Congenital Heart Disease in the Adult · and Reoperations in Congenital Heart Surgery.
• Uses over 725 illustrations—rendered by the same artist—to clarify and highlight important aspects of each procedure.
With 50 additional contributors