by Jonathan Stuart Citow (Editor)
Praise for the previous edition:An excellent review for the written neurosurgical boards…recommended to all neurosurgery residents. – Journal of Neurosurgery
The second edition of Comprehensive Neurosurgery Board Review contains all the information you need to prepare for the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) written examination. Authored by a team of expert clinicians and neurosurgery trainees who earned top scores on their exams, this edition distills the current knowledge of the neurosciences and essential information for clinical practice. Six chapters provide comprehensive coverage of core concepts in anatomy, physiology, pathology, radiology, neurology, neurosurgery, and critical care.
Features of the second edition:
- Concise descriptions aid rapid review of key concepts
- Bullet-point format enhances ease of use and facilitates comprehension
- Up-to-date coverage of classic symptoms and signs of common neurosurgical diseases
- Current information related to the genetic basis of neurosurgical conditions
- 450 high-quality illustrations and images typical of those appearing on exams
This superb review is an indispensable resource for neurosurgical residents preparing for the ABNS certification exam. It is also ideal for clinicians seeking a refresher or for those preparing for recertification exams.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some color illustrations.
This book summarizes all the important facts that need to be memorized and understood for the American Neurosurgical Board Exam in an outline format. The book breaks down each of the seven large topics that the exam is composed of, making this the perfect preparation tool for all residents.