by Todd Albert
Now in its Third Edition, this popular volume in the Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery Series combines the step-by-step procedural guidance that readers have come to trust with new and updated discussions of specific procedures. The text’s how-to format helps readers face the challenges of spinal surgery with confidence.
• Surgical guidance from recognized masters in their specialty helps refine technique, minimize error, improve outcomes, and manage complications.
• Consistent, reader-friendly format provides key facts on the background, indications/contraindications, presurgical preparation, operative technique, postsurgical follow-up, recommended reading, and tips and pearls for each procedure.
• Abundant intraoperative color photos and precise line drawings reveal areas not visible to the surgeon during a procedure.
NEW to the Third Edition…
• Six new chapters address Transpedicular Fixation, Anterior Cervical Arthroplasty, Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion, and Lumbar Disc Arthroplasty.
• Expanded coverage of neurologic issues in spinal surgery broadens the text’s scope and assists in presurgical planning and choice of technique.