Popular with generations of practitioners, Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology has been the definitive reference of choice in the field of geriatric care. The new 7th Edition, by Howard M. Fillit, MD, Kenneth Rockwood, MD, and Kenneth Woodhouse, carries on this tradition with an increased clinical focus and updated coverage to help you meet the unique challenges posed by this growing patient population. Consistent discussions of clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and more make reference quick and easy, while over 255 illustrations compliment the text to help you find what you need on a given condition. Examples of the latest imaging studies depict the effects of aging on the brain, and new algorithms further streamline decision making. Expert Consult functionalitynew to this editionfurther enhances your reference power with convenient online access to the complete text and illustrations from the book.
New to This Edition
- Features the work of an expert author team, now led by Dr. Howard M. Fillit who provides an American perspective to complement the book’s traditional wealth of British expertise.
- Includes an expanded use of algorithms to streamline decision making.
- Presents more color images in the section on aging skin, offering a real-life perspective of conditions for enhanced diagnostic accuracy.
- Includes examples of the latest imaging studies to help you detect and classify changes to the brain during aging.
- Offers Grade A evidence-based references keyed to the relevant text.
- Provides access to the complete text, fully searchable, along with all of the illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, at expertconsult.com.
- Emphasizes the clinical relevance of the latest scientific findings to help you easily apply the material to everyday practice.
- Features consistent discussions of clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and more that make reference quick and easy.
- Includes over 255 illustrationsincluding algorithms, photographs, and tablesthat compliment the text to help you find what you need on a given condition.
- Provides summary boxes at the end of each chapter that highlight important points.
Publication Date: April 12, 2010
- Howard M. Fillit, MD, Executive Director, Institute for the Study of Aging; Clinical Professor, Departments of Geriatrics and Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of the City University of New York, New York, NY;
- Kenneth Rockwood, Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Kathryn Allen Weldon Chair of Alzheimer Research, Centre for Health Care of the Elderly, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Kenneth Woodhouse, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, UK