270+ full-color photographs and illustrations!
A Doody’s Core Title for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This is an excellent overview of the basic physiology and clinical aspects of endocrinology for trainees. The size of the book and the well-written text, supported by visual aids, make this a convenient book to read and develop a beginning foundation in endocrinology.”–Doody’s Review Service
Greenspan’s Basic & Clinical Endocrinology, 9e delivers a succinct, leading-edge overview of the underlying molecular biology of the endocrine system and the latest perspectives on the diagnosis and treatment of specific diseases and disorders. Featuring an enhanced design that includes hundreds of full-color illustrations and clinical photographs, Greenspan’s is a true must-have during traditional or integrated courses in endocrinology, endocrinology rotation, or for exam prep in internal medicine and endocrinology.
Greenspan’s provides clinically relevant coverage of metabolic bone disease, pancreatic hormones and diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia, obesity, geriatric endocrinology, and many other diseases and disorders. Supporting this essential material is a handy appendix of normal hormone reference ranges.
- Concise, balanced coverage of both scientific and clinical principles
- The best source for current concepts in endocrine pathophysiology to aid clinical decision making
- Important new approaches to the medical management of endocrine disorders, including therapeutic recommendations
- The most practical, current insights into diagnostic testing
- More than 270 full-color illustrations and clinical photographs
Publication date: June 2, 2011
- David G. Gardner, MD, MS, Mount Zion Health Fund Distinguished Professor of Endocrinology and Medicine, Chief, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine and Diabetes Center, University of California, San Francisco;
- Dolores Shoback, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Staff Physician, Endocrine-Metabolism Section, Department of Medicine, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center