Today’s leading authorities present the succinct, yet thorough guidance you need to successfully avoid or manage complications stemming from pre-existing medical conditions. Organized by disease, the new edition of this popular guide has been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest information on definition, current pathophysiology, significant pre-, intra-, and postoperative factors of the disease process, anesthetic judgment, and management. A new, more user-friendly design and organization-and completely redrawn illustrations-make reference easier than ever. And now, as an Expert Consult title, this reference includes access to the complete contents online, for convenient reference where and when you need it!
- Offers comprehensive guidance from respected authorities to help you effectively manage the complete spectrum of comorbidities before, during, and after surgery.
- Provides case examples that explain how to overcome a wide range of challenges.
- Presents detailed discussions of common diseases, while coverage of more rare diseases highlights their unique features that could be of importance in the perioperative period.
- Examines specific anesthesia considerations for special patient populations-including pediatric and geriatric patients-to help you avoid complications.
- Features abundant tables that provide fast access to the most pertinent aspects of every condition.
- Offers access to a companion web site offering the complete contents of the book-fully searchable-for rapid consultation from anyplace with an Internet connection.
- Includes completely redrawn illustrations, enhancing the clarity and visual effect of the material.
- Presents the latest anesthesia guidelines for patients with ischemic heart disease, congestive heart failure, asthma, immune system dysfunction, and more.
- Features a new, more user-friendly design and organization to expedite quick access to the answers you need.
Publication Date: May 9, 2008
- Roberta L. Hines, MD, Nicholas M. Greene Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT