Comprehensive, yet concise and clinically oriented, this new edition brings you the very latest advances of every aspect of ocular pathology. From discussions of molecular biology and genetics, to new sections on age-related macular degeneration and complications of refractive surgery, to revised chapters, the latest imaging modalities, and so much more, this 6th edition will surely keep you on top of your field. Complementing the text is a world-renowned collection of common and unusual ocular conditions and a DVD containing valuable educational tools.
- Includes a world-renowned collection of one of the finest compilations of common and unusual ocular conditions available today.
- Uses a convenient outline format to make reference quick and easy.
- Includes clinical “pearls” that offer you the benefits of proven strategies.
- Features 1,600 superb color illustrations-1,900 in all-that illuminate every concept.
- Offers the expertise of a brand-new co-author, Joseph William Sassani, MD, MHA, who brings new insights to the latest pathologic findings.
- Discusses rapidly evolving subjects, including genetics and molecular biology, and addresses hot topics such as the role of the myocilin/TIGR gene in the development of glaucoma, the classification of orbital neoplasms, and many others to keep you on the cusp of today’s knowledge.
- Presents a new discussion on the pathobiology of ocular complications of diabetes mellitus, including diabetic macular edema and severity scales, the interventional clinical classification of diabetic retinopathy, and the role of VEGFF and other factors.
- Provides OCT, UBM, and MRI/CT images of key conditions, offering you a better visual correlation to pathological entities.
- Features entirely new sections on age-related macular degeneration and complications of refractive surgery to help you avoid complications and make the best informed decisions.
- Incorporates revisions of all chapters in fast changing fields such as classifications of soft tissue tumors and the modern developments of histopathological terminology and developments.
- Includes a bonus DVD that contains the entire textbook’s image library-downloadable for your use-and the Aperio System of virtual microscopy that allows you to zoom in and out when viewing the included digitized histopathology slides.
Publication Date: December 9, 2008
- Myron Yanoff, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA; and
- Joseph William Sassani, MD, MHA, Professor of Ophthalmology and Pathology Chief of the VA Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA, USA