Orthopaedic Pathology, 5th Edition, by Peter G. Bullough, MB, ChB, presents a unique, lavishly illustrated account of the pathology of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, and soft tissue and bone tumors. Nearly 2,000 high-quality pathologic slides, diagnostic images, and gross specimensside-by-sidedepict the appearance of a wide range of conditions and correlate orthopaedic pathology to clinical practice for greater diagnostic accuracy. Expert Consult functionalitynew to this editionoffers convenient access to the complete contents of the book online. It’s the ideal resource for the orthopaedic surgeon and radiologist as well as the trainee and practicing pathologist.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Offers updated coverage of immunohistochemistry and molecular pathologyalong with examples from the latest imaging and pathologic techniquesto help you recognize the presentation of disorders using these approaches.
- Features discussions of some rare conditions, equipping you to diagnose even the least common orthopaedic disorders.
- Provides access to the complete text online, fully searchable, along with all of the illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, at expertconsult.com.
- Provides extensive coverage of arthritic disorders, metabolic disturbances, soft tissue tumors, bone tumors, and rare disordersnot just tumors, which most books emphasizefor guidance on the most commonly seen conditions.
- Uses nearly 2000 high-quality illustrationsincluding pathology, histology, radiologic imaging, and schematic line diagramsthat present a clear visual correlation between pathology and clinical images to aid in diagnosis.
- Includes a chapter on imaging techniques, interpretation, and strategies that provides a foundation of knowledge in radiology.
- Features brief text, including bulleted lists of key points and information, that makes reference quick and learning easy.
Publication Date: December 16, 2009
- Peter G. Bullough, MB, ChB, Director of Laboratory Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery; Professor of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY