This best-selling resource has a worldwide reputation as the leader in its field. Focusing on human immunology and biology, while also reporting on scientific experimentation and advancement, it provides comprehensive coverage of state-of-the-art basic science as well as authoritative guidance on the practical aspects of day-to-day diagnosis and management. This new edition includes 700 full-color illustrations and a new, more accessible format to make finding information a snap. And this Expert Consult Premium Edition not only offers online access to the complete contents of the 2-volume set, fully searchable, but also regular online updates, and much more.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Contains 200 new illustrations, 700 in all, to better celebrity sex illustrate complex immunology.
- Covers the very latest in the field, including hot topics such as latex allergy and immunotherapy.
- Utilizes a new, more user-friendly full-color format for easier reference.
- Includes online access to the entire contents of the book, fully searchable, with links to MEDLINE abstracts for all of the references.
- Keeps you completely current through regular online updates, including entire chapters rewritten or added over time, to reflect the continuous new developments in the field.
- Includes a glossary of allergy and immunology for quick and easy reference.
- Contains keypoints and clinical pearls highlighted for ease of use.
- Incorporates downloadable patient education sheets, downloadable illustrations, and links to useful online resources both for you and for your patients.
- Offers contributions from hundreds of international authorities for world-class expertise in overcoming any clinical challenge.
Publication Date: December 3, 2008
- N. Franklin Adkinson, Jr., MD, Professor of Medicine and Training Program Director, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, The Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus, Baltimore, MD;
- William W. Busse, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics; Head, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison, WI;
- Bruce S. Bochner, MD, Professor of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, The Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus, Baltimore, MD;
- Stephen T. Holgate, MD, DSc, FRCP, FRCPE, MRC, Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology, Southampton General Hospital School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK;
- F. Estelle R. Simons, MD, FRCPC, Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; and
- Robert F. Lemanske, Jr., MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine; Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Rheumatology; University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics, Madison, WI