While many books are available on disaster medicine, none is specifically devoted to the role of physicians in the management of patients exposed to radiation leakage from a damaged nuclear power plant. Radiation Disaster Medicine aims to fill this void based on the response to the Fukushima nuclear accident. Each chapter addresses principles and practices of radiation medicine within the specific context of that accident. Topics covered include the role of physicians in radiation disasters, the concepts of external and internal exposure, prehospital and hospital response, disaster behavioral health, and radiation emergency response from the perspective of national and international institutions. Most of the contributors are active educators and researchers in radiation medicine with first-hand experience in dealing with prehospital triage and management of patients within secondary and tertiary care hospitals in Japan.
Donate to help us maintain service!
Buy cheap ebooks
- coolboy on Surgery PreTest Self-Assessment and Review,13th edition
- coolboy on Biochemistry and Genetics Pretest Self-Assessment and Review 5th edition
- Tapan on Nutrition for Healthy Skin: Strategies for Clinical and Cosmetic Practice
- Rashad on Functional Bladder Reconstruction Following Spinal Cord Injury via Neural Approaches
- coolboy on Pharmacology PreTest Self-Assessment and Review 14th edition