This concise, evidence-based resource covers all of today’s need-to-know information to quickly and effectively diagnose and manage common adolescent conditions…in an exceptionally user-friendly format. Because it’s so compact, clinically oriented, and easy to read, Adolescent Medicine: The Requisites in Pediatrics is an ideal study tool as well as a convenient reference for practice.
- Includes detailed discussions on special health issues, common medical problems, sexual and reproductive health, behavioral problems, and the transition to adult health care to help you gain a better understanding of the unique needs of the adolescent patient.
- Features a logical, consistent chapter format that helps you find the guidance you need quickly.
- Presents abundant tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic studies, treatment/therapy recommendations, and guidance on when to refer to a specialist equipping you for every clinical challenge.
- Discusses controversies concerning the standard of care with the aid of thought-provoking clinical scenarios to help you to determine the best course of action in difficult situations.
- Provides highlighted boxes that emphasize relevant case studies, key points of each section, and other important information making you aware of considerations that impact today’s practice.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so you can see details more clearly.
Publication Date: February 12, 2008
- Gail B. Slap, MD, MS, Rauh Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, Director, Division of Adolescent Medicine, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital