This simple guide to neurogenetics demystifies the overwhelming amount of information on the subject so you can identify key clinical features and understand your management options. Reach relevant differential diagnoses and provide appropriate counseling to your patients using the symptom-based approach. By integrating genetic and neurological approaches to diagnoses, this book ensures that the neurological consequences of a genetic diagnosis and the genetic consequences of a neurological diagnosis are clear and explicit. Concise and portable, this book is ideal for easy reference in clinical use.
- Details the underlying basic science and clinical features of genetic disorders by taking a symptom-based approach to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the field.
- Focuses on the clinical application of neurogenetics to be of practical use to you in the clinic.
- Clarifies the neurological consequences of a genetic diagnosis and the genetic consequences of a neurological diagnosis by integrating genetic and neurological approaches to diagnoses.
- Discusses and evaluates necessary investigations so you know when to use them and when to refer.
- Highlights diagnostic and therapeutic tips so you can learn new concepts or refine your skills in practice.
- Refers to online sources, such as Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) and others, to help you supplement your knowledge.