European Practice in Gynaecology and Obstetrics is a series of books conceived and endorsed by the European Board and College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (EBCOG). The topics chosen for each volume are those of significant clinical interest where treatment is changing in response to research findings and developments in practice. The volume editor and contributing authors are European specialists invited to contribute because of their expertise in their field. The books concentrate on various types of management used in European practice as well as published results. The authors present treatments for which a consensus exists and – when there is no consensus – they discuss the key elements of the controversy. Each book provides a review of the basic science, recent concepts in pathophysiology, clinical aspects, treatment and unresolved problems or controversies, as well as the major recent references. A final section provides multiple-choice questions for each chapter.
- Series concentrates on important and changing areas of clinical practice
- Each volume editor is a leading European expert in the field
- Contributors are drawn from a wide range of European countries
- All volumes include a review of basic science and pathophysiology, as well as clinical aspects, treatment, unresolved problems
- Current references are included for each chapter
- Multiple choice questions are provided at the end of each chapter
- This volume comes with a CD containing all the colour images in the book plus 106 extra images